Islamic Relief Worldwide is seeking enthusiastic, highly-motivated, dynamic Interns who believe in our mission and share our values to maintain the excellence for which we strive. Through the Internships Scheme we hope to attract and train the next generation of inspired humanitarians who can perform in a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
Upon completion, applicants will be equipped to pursue a career within the Humanitarian Sector. Islamic Relief’s Internship Programme is an opportunity for graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to undergo work experience within a truly global humanitarian organisation.
With a combination of work assignments and practical experience, the roles are designed to give you a through insight and an understanding in a variety of functions, including Programmes, Policy Research and Development, Communications, Finance and HR.
- Passionate about serving the needs of the most vulnerable people on this planet and want to explore what it means to work in the Humanitarian Sector
- Highly-motivated, dynamic with strong communications skills and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A graduate with a minimum honours degree in the last 2 years
- An understanding of humanitarian and development work
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proactive and able to use initiative to get things done and prioritise his or her work
- Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Committed to learning and fulfilling the Internships Scheme
- Committed to Islamic Relief faith inspired values and core humanitarian principles
- Able to travel to the field if required for up to 4 weeks in challenging environments (All expenses will be paid)
If you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career in the humanitarian sector, willing to learn, positive, inquisitive and can commit to a three months unpaid internship in Birmingham then we want to hear from you.