IR Graduate Scheme
Start Your Humanitarian Career today with Islamic Relief
Do you have a passion for serving others?
Islamic Relief, one of the UK’s largest NGOs, is introducing its first Graduate Scheme!
This fantastic opportunity enables you:
- Spend 12 months in a real job role, acquiring all the knowledge you need to kick start your humanitarian career
- Develop the practical skills needed to make a difference to people’s lives and help the fight against poverty
- Experience (paid!) field work
- Activate your potential to be one of our future humanitarian leaders
About The Scheme
Through the Graduate Scheme we aim to engage and work with talented individuals, who believe in our mission and share our values to maintain the excellence for which we strive. This paid Scheme is designed to build the solid foundation in order to fast track the development of future leaders/technical expert, enabling participants to progress to substantive roles within Islamic Relief.
This is a fantastic opportunity geared towards individuals who have a passion for serving others With a unique combination of experiential learning, formal training and mentoring we will give you the opportunity to launch your Humanitarian career with one of the UK’s largest INGO’s.
Over a 12 month period you will be assigned real job roles with a specific learning structure, underpinned by formal training, self assessment and reflection giving you the opportunity to develop new skills and apply the learning whilst encouraging continuous reflection.
The Scheme consists of a 12 month programme during which trainees will spend a four month placement in one of our field offices, providing an opportunity to develop and apply theoretical knowledge and hands on skills within a practical and complex work environment. At the end of the scheme Trainees will have acquired the skills, knowledge and experience to be ready to assume substantive roles within IR and to become potential leaders of the future.
The IR Graduate Scheme is geared towards early-career humanitarians with a passion for improving the lives of others.
Applicants for the IR Graduate Scheme should have the following minimum requirements:
- A 2:1 Graduate with a minimum honours degree in the last 2 years
- Committed to Islamic Relief faith driven values and core humanitarian principles
- A firm commitment to a humanitarian development career
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Proactive and able to use initiative to get things done and prioritise her or his work
- A good team player who is flexible and adaptable under pressure
- Sensitive to the needs of others
- Committed to learning and fulfilling the Graduate Scheme
- Able to travel to the field for up to 4 months through the year and work in challenging environments (Travel and Accommodation expenses will be paid)