Introduction to Research Methods
Research as an enquiry or investigation must be systematic, methodical and ethical.
This course will allow you to establish or develop your understanding of research through critical learning of research language, philosophies, and approaches.
You will also learn the language of research and challenges, and the basics of the research process within the various methods that are available.
- To introduce participants to different types of research methods available to them.
- To equip participants with the knowledge to apply and evaluate appropriate research methods.
Who will benefit from this course?
Anyone who conducts research as part of their work will benefit from attending this course.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the philosophies that underpin different research approaches.
- Identify types of research as descriptive, exploratory, analytical or predictive.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of quantitative and qualitative approaches to data collection.
- Use the most appropriate research tools or methods to collect data suitable for their chosen methodology.