Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)
The Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) is the result of consultations with humanitarian workers, communities and people affected by crises, NGOS, Governments, United Nations and donor agencies and academics in the sector.
Islamic Relief have committed to this standard and were instrumental in its inception by providing the Arabic translation. The purpose of this course is to build the capacity of staff and consultants to facilitate training on the Core Humanitarian Standard.
- To understand the importance of Accountability in the Humanitarian Sector.
- To be able to apply the principals of the CHS in specific roles.
- To understand how the Sphere Handbook can be utilised to improve humanitarian work.
- To understand the value of coordinated and collaborative working in the Humanitarian sector.
Who will benefit from this course?
- This course is aimed at all humanitarian workers and those who wish to understand the principles of accountability in humanitarian work.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the nine commitments of the CHS and explain how each contributes to the delivery of a quality humanitarian response.
- Act as advocates and peer leaders on the importance of quality, accountability and good people management in humanitarian action.
- Know the role of the CHS in improving the quality and effectiveness of the assistance provided to communities and people affected by crises.