Any adult who works with children and vulnerable people has a duty of care for there protection. The Child Protection course is designed for those who volunteer or work with children and young people (below the age of 18).
The Child Protection course will provide facts and information on how to safeguard children and you will learn how to outline and recognise the signs and indicators of abuse.
You will also learn on how to report concerns and disclosure matters relating to potential child abuse in the correct manner.
- To raise awareness of child protection issues.
- To provide guidelines on types of child abuse.
- To provide a framework on how to proceed if there are concerns about a child.
Who will benefit from this course?
- This course is beneficial to anyone who comes into contact with children and young people and has an interest inf child protection.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define child protection and child abuse.
- Outline their duty of care to children.
- Respond to child abuse concerns or reports in line with statutory processes, procedures and requirements.
- Develop safe working practices.
You can read Islamic Relief Worldwide’s policy on Child Protection by clicking here